Find out how much you can save.
Request a call from an expert - simply complete the form below and let us know when you'd like us to get in touch.
Or why not call us on:
0800 188 4930
Make It Cheaper Limited (our registered office address is Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London N3 1LF (Company number: 07548195)) ("we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Service) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Make it Cheaper Limited and our trading address is 5th Floor, Lloyds Chambers, 1 Portsoken Street, London E1 8BT.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.makeitcheaper.com or by post or over the telephone. This includes information provided in the course of expressing an interest in, subscribing to and/or using our services and/or to enable us to contact you in relation to our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide to us in the course of subscribing to newsletters and email notifications.
- If we contact each other in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If we contact each other by telephone, we will record and keep a record of all inbound and outbound calls to and from our call centre.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out via links from our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. This is explained in further detail in paragraph 2 below.
2. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may also collect information about your computer and your visits to and use of our site, including, where available, your computer's IP address, geographical location, operating system, referral source, browser type, length of visit and number of page views. We will collect this information for the purposes of system administration, optimising the use of our site and reporting aggregate information to third party suppliers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. In particular, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting and to track information such as which browser, screen resolution and IP address you are using to access our website, in addition to tracking your movements around our Site.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file, which is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server and this enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Therefore, we may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In particular, they enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To effectively administer the site and improve the site's usability.
- To use information obtained from cookies for marketing purposes.
As mentioned above, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about site use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our site may be used to create reports about the use of our site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
3. Where we store your personal data
Our servers are situated in the UK, however we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and our processing of such data will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and all electronic transactions made via the site will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, together with any login details and/or user details. We ask you not to share your password, login or user details with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your information for the duration of the term of your contract with your supplier and for a reasonable period thereafter or as long as the law requires or permits.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer caller information.
- To provide you with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about our services and products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide you with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about services and products of our suppliers and other third parties that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide third parties with information about our users to enable third parties to provide you with marketing communications by post, email, fax, SMS/MMS and/or phone about their services and products which they feel may interest you, where you have given your prior consent to such third party to contact you for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide third parties with any information given by you to us which is necessary for the purpose of carrying out our reporting requirements with such third parties.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To enable us to effectively administer, develop, support and improve the site and improve a customer's/user's browsing experience by personalising our site.
- To enable us to collate statistical information about customers and carry out market research.
- To enable us to provide customer services in relation to our services and to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or in relation to customers and/or products supplied to customers.
- To send you general (non-marketing) communications such as email notifications and/or newsletters which you have specifically requested.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may provide access to, disclose or sell your personal information to third parties:
- To whom disclosure is necessary to enable us and/or a supplier to determine if you are eligible to subscribe to our services and/or the supplier's services.
- To whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any service to which you have subscribed (including without limitation for the purposes of contract fulfilment, processing payments, credit referencing, designing, maintaining and administering the site).
- To enable third parties to contact you about their products and services which may be of interest to you, where you have given your prior consent to such third party to be contacted by them for such purposes.
- To provide third parties with any information given by you to us, which is necessary to carry out our reporting requirements with such third parties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Make it Cheaper Limited (or a group company) or substantially all of its respective assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or following any "unsubscribe" instructions included in any marketing materials sent to you.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, suppliers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or data activities on such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and you will be required to provide us with appropriate identification so we can verify your identity.
7. Updating Information
Please let us know if any personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated at any time.
Postal address: 5th Floor, Lloyds Chambers, 1 Portsoken Street, London, E1 8BT
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org